Police detain Fiza over neighbour’s complaintOctober 17th, 2010 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, Oct 17 (IANS) The Punjab police Sunday detained Fiza Mohammad, alias Anuradha Bali, the estranged wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan, after a neighbour lodged a complaint against her.
The neighbour had been complaining to the police for the last six months, alleging that Fiza used foul language against him, threw garbage inside his house and pelted stones at his car.
However, Fiza, a former assistant advocate-general of Haryana, claimed that her neighbour was keeping a tab on her by installing cameras near her house.
Fiza will be produced before the sub-divisional magistrate later Sunday.
Both Chander Mohan and Fiza had disappeared in November 2008 and re-appeared after 40 days as a married couple, with new names after embracing Islam.
Chander Mohan was sacked for his unexplained absence.
Chander Mohan, eldest son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, left Fiza’s home in January 2009, divorcing her over the phone. His marriage lasted 40 days.
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009
- Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan - Oct 29, 2009
- Fiza asked to leave Press Club after row - Oct 10, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
- Fiza to move court against Chander Mohan - Sep 25, 2009
Tags: advocate, alias, anuradha, bali, cameras, deputy chief minister, eldest son, foul language, garbage, islam, lal, magistrate, marriage, married couple, mohammad, mohan, punjab police, six months, unexplained absence