Police deployed at rooftops in old DelhiAugust 13th, 2011 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) Sharpshooters have been deployed at rooftops of buildings in central and old Delhi near the Red Fort from where the prime minister will address the nation on Independence Day Monday, police said.
Right from Tilak Bridge till the Red Fort, police personnel will be deployed at the rooftops of offices, buildings and houses along the around 4.5 km stretch, said a senior police official.
Moreover, a few places like Chandni Chowk, Jama Masjid and Lajpat Rai Market in old Delhi will also have police deployed on the rooftops.
Offices, shops and buildings in these areas will be sealed from Aug 14 evening until the prime minister’s Red Fort programme is over Aug 15 morning.
However, some offices such as media houses on Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg will be allowed to carry on work, but police will verify the identity of people working there. In addition, no outsider will be allowed to enter, said officials.
Meanwhile, large number of police personnel, commandos and sleuths in plain clothes are also deployed in these areas for security.
- High security in place for Independence Day in Delhi - Aug 14, 2011
- Traffic restrictions for R-day parade rehearsal - Jan 22, 2012
- Security beefed up in Delhi ahead of Independence Day - Aug 08, 2011
- Delhi on high alert ahead of I-Day - Aug 14, 2012
- Republic Day: Security beefed up, traffic diversions announced - Jan 21, 2011
- It is Fortress Delhi ahead of I-Day - Aug 12, 2012
- R-Day Parade rehearsal hits traffic - Jan 23, 2012
- Delhi on high alert for I-Day as terror threats persist - Aug 14, 2010
- Construction stopped at old Delhi mosque site, visitors pour in - Jul 19, 2012
- Delhiites ignored traffic advisories and suffered: Police - Jan 24, 2012
- High security for I-Day celebrations - Aug 12, 2011
- Tell legislator to remove structure near Jama Masjid: court urged - Aug 07, 2012
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Delhi Police gear up for New Year eve traffic - Dec 30, 2010
- Security up as India readies for 63rd R'Day (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,