Police complaint boxes to come up in KozhikodeJune 14th, 2008 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kozhikode, June 14 (IANS) Now the public in this Kerala city will be able to lodge police complaints in complaint boxes being installed at strategic locations in the city. The boxes will be placed at important junctions, bus stands, railway station, post offices and also near police stations.
The work on setting up the boxes will begin next week. The initiative is being implemented as part of ‘Janamaitri’, a community policing programme being implemented in the state.
“We have already identified the locations to place the boxes,” said city police commissioner Anoop Kuruvila John.
Complaints in the boxes will be collected every evening. The police will not insist on name and address of the complainant.
“We will accept anonymous complaints. These could be a good source of information or intelligence,” said John.
Priority will be given to complaints that are of public interest. Officials will keep a record of all the complaints received and the follow up actions taken.
- Rs.500 crore surveillance system for Bangalore soon - Sep 17, 2011
- College principal killed for alleged assault - Sep 10, 2011
- Opposition drops complaint in chief minister's box - Jan 13, 2012
- FIR against Jharkhand speaker for poll violations - May 25, 2012
- Bengal ex-Lokayukta gets threat calls for criticising Mamata - Aug 17, 2012
- 5,000 cameras to monitor criminals in Haryana - Feb 01, 2011
- Missing nuclear scientist found -- in jail (Lead) - Jun 10, 2010
- Kerala Police arrests main accuse in Kozhikode twin blast case - Dec 29, 2009
- Mumbai Police gear up for MNS march - Aug 21, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- SC notice to Kerala on Achuthanandan's plea - Jul 05, 2012
- 8,000 security personnel to guard I-Day celebrations - Aug 12, 2010
- Norms being flouted in Tamil Nadu civic polls: DMK - Oct 17, 2011
- Missing Kalpakkam official's two-wheeler found - Jun 10, 2010
- Digital radio to keep tab on errant Kolkata cops - Dec 06, 2010