Police clueless after Rs.1.7 mn robbery in HaryanaAugust 18th, 2008 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Aug 17 (IANS) The Haryana police were looking for five employees of a Panchkula-based company who allegedly ran away with Rs.1.7 million looted from its cash counter Friday, officials said Sunday. The police were conducting raids at various possible hideouts of the accused but there was no breakthrough, they said.
The employees ran away with the cash after threatening cashiers at the knife point.
“It was around midnight and there were only a few employees who were all busy in closing down the showroom and finalizing the day’s total sales. The four accused entered the cash room and hit head cashier Suraj Kumar and cashiers Neeraj and Rajinder. While the fifth accused remained outside and kept the guards busy in one thing or another,” said a senior police official.
“They also snatched their (the cashiers’) mobile phones and locked them in the cash room before running away. They thrashed the two security guards positioned outside the showroom,” said the official.
The accused are identified as Ram Murath Singh, Ram Kishor, Anil Kumar, Jitender Kumar, and Anand. All of them hail from Uttar Pradesh and live in a rented accommodation in a village in a suburb of Panchkula.
“Ram Murath, who is working as an assistant manager in the company, is the possible mastermind behind the crime,” said the police official.
- Two men rob Rs.57 lakh, shoot three people - Aug 12, 2012
- Rs.20 lakh looted from car showroom, guard murdered - Jan 17, 2011
- Four injured in accidental firing - Jan 14, 2011
- Cash van driver, security guard flee with Rs.67 lakh - Jan 29, 2011
- Two killed in Haryana hospital firing, four cops suspended (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Cash van robbery: Photos of driver, gunman released - Jan 29, 2011
- Bank robbers strike at SBI in Haryana, take over Rs.1.1 mn - May 15, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh lawmaker's drunk son opens fire, one killed - Oct 28, 2010
- Pensioners block highway in Haryana - Jun 30, 2011
- Three held for selling illicit liquor in ambulance - Dec 22, 2011
- Six arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Bank robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh seized in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Accused in Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run gets bail - May 15, 2012
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011