Police cell to protect cows in PunjabSeptember 19th, 2010 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 19 (IANS) The Punjab government has announced the setting up of a cow protection cell in the office of the director general of police (DGP).
An official at the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal’s office said Sunday that the Punjab government had ordered to establish a cow protection cell in the DGP office.
The cell will be manned by an officer not below the rank of inspector general (IG) in Punjab police.
No police official, who will head the cow cell, has been named for the post yet.
The official said that the cell has been exclusively entrusted with the task to ensure the implementation of the act, rules and regulations already in force in this regard.
The ruling Congress in neighbouring Haryana had this month announced the setting up of a 12-member Cow Commission in the state.
- Police to protect cows in Punjab (Lead) - Sep 19, 2010
- In Badal's 'Ram Rajya', no place for political vendetta (Punjab Newsletter) - Jun 30, 2012
- Record 21 chief parliamentary secretaries in Punjab - Apr 06, 2012
- Anil Kaushik is new Punjab top cop - Sep 30, 2011
- Punjab to withdraw unauthorised security from VIPs - May 14, 2012
- Punjab's elite-60 under HC lens over land dealings (Punjab Newsletter) - May 25, 2012
- Probe ordered into Jagir Kaur's VIP treatment in jail - Apr 03, 2012
- Punjab poll have something 'official' about it! - Jan 20, 2012
- Punjab to fill all vacancies of teachers - Apr 02, 2012
- Election panel seeks report on Punjab officers' activities - Aug 21, 2011
- Centre to ensure Punjab, Haryana quota in Chandigarh posts - Jun 11, 2012
- Punjab VIPs security stepped up after BKI terrorists' arrest - Dec 25, 2011
- Three Punjab DGPs transferred - Mar 16, 2012
- Drugs in Punjab prisons trigger police fight (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 24, 2012
- Sukhbir's stamp all over Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Mar 17, 2012
Tags: act rules, badal, chandigarh, chief minister, congress, cow commission, cow protection, cows, haryana, ig, implementation, inspector general, neighbouring, police cell, police official, punjab government, regard