Police case for second power theft in HaryanaMarch 12th, 2008 - 8:49 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, March 12 (IANS) Haryana’s power distribution agencies have decided to go hard against consumers found involved in pilferage of power for the second time. One of the power distribution agencies, the Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam, Wednesday announced that existing instructions relating to theft of electricity would be amended.
A spokesperson of the agency said here that in case of the first offence of power theft being detected, the erring consumer would have to deposit the penalty for power theft within 24 hours of detection.
Officials have been directed to inform the nearest police station of any case of power theft.
If the consumer deposits the penalty within 24 hours, the officials will intimate the police station not to initiate criminal action against that consumer.
In case of power theft being detected for the second time, the consumer will not be given any time to pay the penalty but a First Information Report will be registered against those consumers.
The spokesperson said that under new rules, compounding of power theft will be allowed only once.
On detection of power theft, electricity supply to the consumer will be disconnected immediately and heavy penalties will be imposed.
The power distribution agency had detected 12,094 cases of pilferage of power during 2007-08 during surprise checking.
- Haryana to regularise illegal 'Kundi' power connections - Nov 18, 2010
- Now, court cases to prevent power theft in Haryana - Feb 15, 2011
- 'Cut power supply of defaulting Haryana offices' - Mar 24, 2010
- Power defaulters pay Rs.14.7 crore - Dec 19, 2009
- Haryana discom to file police complaints for power theft - Mar 13, 2010
- Haryana asks ITES units to change power connections - Apr 27, 2011
- Power firm CA arrested for taking bribe - Feb 26, 2012
- Remote metres to keep tab on big Haryana industries - Aug 13, 2010
- Power bill waiver: Rs.3,900 crore arrears for Haryana - Feb 29, 2012
- 150,000 power connections cut off in Haryana - Dec 25, 2009
- Over 3.56 lakh lose power connections in Haryana - Apr 24, 2012
- Haryana power utility recovers Rs.59 crore from defaulters - Mar 14, 2010
- Haryana consumers to get power bill on SMS - Mar 05, 2011
- Haryana villagers made to pay for power - Aug 18, 2011
- Haryana farmers get 8-hour power supply for rice sowing - Jun 16, 2010