Police bring back missing minors, four of them marriedMarch 3rd, 2009 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 3 (IANS) Delhi Police Commissioner Y.S. Dadwal Tuesday said all the six teenaged boys and girls who had gone missing together from east Delhi last month, had been brought back to the capital from a village in Uttar Pradesh.
“We traced them to a village, 20 km from Gorakhpur town after one of them made a call to his home from a public telephone booth. We brought them to Delhi this morning,” Dadwal said.
“All the six were together and two couples have got married. One of the six is a major. We are sending the five minors to rehabilitation centres while the major will be taken to court,” he added.
Last month the six, including three girls, had left for their east Delhi school. But none returned home. The police, suspecting it to be a case of elopement, at that time had registered two cases of kidnapping.
All the six live in the New Sanjay Amar Colony behind Karkadooma court, and are in the age group of 14 to 17.
Dadwal said they have launched a help line number 23241210 for missing children.
“The matter of missing children is important for us and it will also be at a centre stage for us.
- Delhi Police air 'concern', but 26 children still missing - Feb 18, 2009
- Nine cases registered at Games Village: Delhi Police - Oct 16, 2010
- Over 1,000 missing children rescued, police tells court - Oct 22, 2010
- Six minors missing from homes, police suspect elopement - Feb 17, 2009
- Bihar, Uttar Pradesh battle to contain deadly encephalitis outbreak (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Youth murdered by ex-lover's father - Jan 26, 2012
- Crime under control in Delhi, says police chief - May 14, 2010
- Two mior girls go missing from Noida - Feb 21, 2009
- Police pulled up for filing charges in rape case after 6 years - Feb 05, 2011
- High court does not allow minor to live with boyfriend - Feb 10, 2012
- Battered baby critical, government offers support (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Court grants police protection to couple - Sep 16, 2010
- Man shot in suspected honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 02, 2012
- Ex CPI-M MP arrested in Nandigram case flown to Kolkata - Mar 18, 2012