Police ban gathering of people, cars near Delhi airportDecember 5th, 2008 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 5 (IANS) The Delhi Police Friday issued guidelines prohibiting the assembly of people or parking of vehicles along a 500-metre stretch on the highway near the international airport in New Delhi. The order was issued by Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Delhi) H.G.S. Dhaliwal against the backdrop of a high alert at the Indira Gandhi International Airport early Friday morning after intelligence agencies warned of possible terror strikes.
“With people assembling near the airport to have a glance of the aircraft, there are possibilities of miscreants mingling with the general public in order to attack the landing aircraft, which is at a closer range,” the order said.
The order said the gathering of people and vendors or parking of vehicles are prohibited along a stretch of 250 metres on both sides of National Highway 8 near the airport.
However, the order would not apply to religious rallies and processions which have the requisite permission of the police.
“Religious rallies and processions can be held with the prior permission in writing of the DCP (South),” a senior police official said.
- Four people detained in Dhaula Kuan gangrape - Nov 29, 2010
- Four vehicle thieves arrested - Mar 18, 2011
- Police yet to register report in JNU sex scandal - Feb 08, 2011
- Woman arrested for killing mother-in-law - Aug 10, 2010
- Honda strike anniversary: Curbs on protests in Manesar - Jul 24, 2012
- Delhi girl's murder: Suspect's sketch released - Mar 09, 2011
- BSF stage march in Shillong - Apr 25, 2012
- Police obtain more clues in BPO employee's gangrape - Nov 30, 2010
- Police to bar new religious processions (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Hyderabad police disallow new annual processions - Dec 29, 2011
- Norms for women employees' safety being ignored: Police - Mar 04, 2011
- Traffic jams leave Delhi motorists fuming - Jan 16, 2012
- JNU video clip: Internal enquiry first, police complaint later (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Delhi college girl's murder: Police want help from witnesses - Mar 10, 2011
- Two nabbed in BPO employee rape case: Delhi Police - Dec 02, 2010