Police arrest seven in Haryana girls murder caseNovember 13th, 2008 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Bhiwani (Haryana), Nov 13 (IANS) Over half a month after two teenage girls were burnt alive here Oct 28 by their own family members for having met some boys on Diwali night, the Haryana police have arrested seven accused Thursday for their alleged involvement in the crime.”Police have arrested fathers of the deceased girls, Prithvi Singh and Sri Niwas as well as Prithvi’s sons Jagdish Singh and Sumender Singh. Three other relatives of the girls, identified as Ravinder, Jaiveer and Davinder have also been arrested,” Sanjay Kumar, Superintendent of Police, Bhiwani district in Haryana, told media persons here Thursday.
The incident in Kaluwas village, in Bhiwani district, around 300 km from Chandigarh was reported to the police by a resident of the village.
The seven arrested will be produced in a local court Friday morning, said Kumar.
Interestingly, the police only registered the case Nov 11, a fortnight after the two girls were brutally killed. The complainant, Rajinder Shivran, said that on Diwali night (Oct 28), two teenaged girls were burnt alive by members of their family and community after they met some boys.
Kaluwas village, located on the outskirts of this southwest Haryana town, shot into the limelight in August when Vijender Kumar who hails from the same village bagged the bronze medal at the Beijing Olympics for India in boxing.
- Murder case registered fortnight after death of two teenage girls - Nov 11, 2008
- National emblem misuse: Boxer Vijender's father in the dock - Jun 30, 2011
- Teen cousins killed for honour; grandmother, uncles arrested - Jun 27, 2010
- Village tense after killing of widows, accused unrepentant - Apr 19, 2011
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Star boxer Vijender to tie the knot Tuesday - May 15, 2011
- Rapist nephew arrested for beating to death aunt, another widow (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Girl shot dead by father for 'honour' - Feb 29, 2012
- Couple found dead in Haryana, honour killing suspected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Haryana Police hunt for four honour killing accused - Jun 23, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Vijender's reception cards land him in trouble - May 22, 2011
- Suicide, murder leave six dead in Haryana - Oct 31, 2010
- Suspected honour killing: Couple found dead in Haryana - Jun 20, 2010
- Girl arrested for burning woman - Jun 26, 2011