Police arrest gang involved in dacoitiesMay 13th, 2009 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Six members of a gang who were involved in over 35 cases of dacoities and burglaries were arrested in the national capital Wednesday and as many as 800 gold biscuits were recovered from their possession, police said.
The accused were wanted for dacoities and burglaries in Delhi, Gurgaon, Sonepat, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kapurthala and Chandigarh.
The arrest came following a tip off that the gang was planning to assemble near a hospital in Saket area of Delhi, police said.
They six men arrested were identified as Patta, the gang leader, Raj Kumar, Vakila, Jeetu, Krishan and Birju, police said.
Two mobile phones, five wrist watches, silver coins, silver jewellery, two packets of 800 gold biscuits weighing 1.2 kg and a knife were recovered from their possession, police said.
Police claimed that all the accused were hardcore criminals and they had a past history of committing murders.
The accused targeted rich localities in metropolitan cities and they used to scout the areas and identify the houses they would target by posing as hawkers selling balloons and toys.
- Two arrested for selling fake gold biscuits in Delhi - May 10, 2012
- Dacoit gang busted, six arrested - Apr 23, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Dacoity accused attempts suicide in lock-up - Jan 21, 2011
- Jewellery stolen from Hindu temples recovered in Bangladesh - Feb 19, 2011
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Woman rescued from human trafficking gang in Rajasthan - Jul 31, 2012
- Seven held for thefts in Delhi buses - Feb 03, 2011
- Gang of credit card cheats busted - Jan 28, 2011
- Srinagar gold burglary solved in a day, loot recovered - Apr 23, 2012
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Five thieves arrested - Mar 08, 2011
- Delhi cops pulled up for dacoity case flip-flop - Apr 01, 2012
- Four women held for chain snatching in Delhi - Jul 28, 2012
- 3 held for burglaries, Rs.15 lakh worth jewellery recovered - Apr 12, 2011