Police arrest eight men for cow slaughterJuly 8th, 2008 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, July 7 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh police arrested eight men for allegedly slaughtering cows and recovered a truck and four animals from them, the police said Monday. The eight men were arrested near Kulesara check-post Sunday midnight as they were slaughtering animals on the banks of the Hindon river.
A police team nabbed the butchers while killing the cows and booked them under cow protection and cow progeny slaughtering acts, said Sushil Dubey, officer-in-charge of Surajpur police station.
On June 30, tension prevailed here after some unidentified men were found slaughtering cows. Then the police had failed to nab the culprits. The offenders fled leaving half-butchered animals when they saw a police patrol approaching.
- Driver held for stealing Rs.35 lakh of employer - Jun 09, 2011
- Contractor robbed of Rs.4 lakh in Greater Noida - Jun 08, 2010
- Police gun down criminal - Jan 05, 2011
- Bulls, pigs, 10 tonnes beef seized in Goa - Jan 31, 2011
- Armed assailants rob car in Noida - Nov 23, 2010
- Kali temple idols vandalised in Bangladesh - Apr 13, 2011
- Encroachers clash with police in Noida (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Policeman crushed to death by speeding bus in Noida - Dec 12, 2010
- Seven-year jail for cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 03, 2012
- Cop found dead in car at Noida - Apr 02, 2012
- Child shot at in Greater Noida - Sep 12, 2010
- Government employee shot dead outside office - Feb 23, 2011
- Three Indians crash into Bangladesh territory, held - Dec 27, 2011
- Delhi's night riders stop-question-check, nab 90 criminals - Apr 20, 2011
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh - May 16, 2011