Poisonous gas kills six in GujaratJune 7th, 2008 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, June 7 (IANS) Six labourers were killed after inhaling a poisonous gas while cleaning an underground tank of a ceramic plant in Morbi city of Gujarat, police said Saturday. Two labourers had gone down to an underground tank of Comet Ceramic Company’s plant in Morbi, 65 km from Rajkot, late Friday night to clean it out. They soon inhaled a poisonous gas that had reportedly seeped in due to a leak. Feeling giddy, they shouted for help and four men rushed in to save them.
However, they too were soon affected by the poisonous gas and all six lost consciousness. They were all dead even as they were being brought out of the tank.
Four of the victims were from Madhya Pradesh while one was from Himmatnagar in north Gujarat and the other from Orissa.
Police have registered a case of accidental death.
- Two die from toxic fumes at Delhi sewage plant (lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Six die in Rajkot gas leak - Jun 07, 2008
- Poisonous gas from septic tank kills six - May 03, 2011
- Poisonous gas in well kills three - May 18, 2011
- Two die in septic tank in Bangladesh - Aug 03, 2012
- Two died of poisonous gas from manhole - Apr 19, 2011
- Poisonous gas kills teen labourer - May 02, 2011
- Foxconn India plant shut down after toxic gas leak (Lead) - Jul 25, 2010
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- 34 ill in S. China village after exposure to chemical gas leak - Aug 05, 2010
- Foxconn India plant shut down following toxic gas leak - Jul 25, 2010
- Foxconn India gets clean chit on workers' sickness - Jul 26, 2010
- Three die while cleaning sewer in Kanpur - Apr 13, 2012
- Poisonous gas kills four of a family - May 20, 2011
- Toxic fume kills woman in Thane - Sep 01, 2012