Poisonous gas kills four in West Bengal’s old paper mill

February 6th, 2009 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS  

Kolkata, Feb 6 (IANS) Four people died Friday while cleaning up a gas chamber at an abandoned paper mill in Kolkata’s neighbouring district Hooghly, the police said.”Four workers died late Friday evening when they were cleaning up a gas chamber at an abandoned paper mill at Dankuni in Hooghly district,” Hooghly district police superintendent Rajiv Mishra told IANS.

“After preliminary investigation, we think all of them died due to the poisonous effect of carbon monoxide,” he said.

Mishra said the bodies were sent for post-mortem examination.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe