Poisonous gas kills four in West Bengal’s old paper millFebruary 6th, 2009 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 6 (IANS) Four people died Friday while cleaning up a gas chamber at an abandoned paper mill in Kolkata’s neighbouring district Hooghly, the police said.”Four workers died late Friday evening when they were cleaning up a gas chamber at an abandoned paper mill at Dankuni in Hooghly district,” Hooghly district police superintendent Rajiv Mishra told IANS.
“After preliminary investigation, we think all of them died due to the poisonous effect of carbon monoxide,” he said.
Mishra said the bodies were sent for post-mortem examination.
- Toxic gases kill four in Rajasthan well - Jun 17, 2012
- Five cops suspended for custodial death - Jan 07, 2011
- Dalit youth found dead, family cries foul - Jun 26, 2011
- Four Uttar Pradesh cops suspended - Sep 30, 2011
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- Driver found dead inside car - May 07, 2011
- Four siblings killed in Ukraine fire - Mar 23, 2012
- Three held for murder of mentally-ill woman in Bengal - Jul 12, 2012
- Two policemen booked for beating mill owner to death - Oct 30, 2010
- Poisonous gas kills teen labourer - May 02, 2011
- CPI-M, Trinamool workers killed in Bengal - Apr 01, 2011
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Four killed, 25 injured in Bengal road accident - Aug 26, 2011
- Youth dies during run meant for railway recruitment - Apr 21, 2011
- Over 20 injured in Bengal clash over INTUC leader's killing - Aug 15, 2012