PM to set up panel for senior citizens’ welfareFebruary 1st, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will constitute a council for welfare of senior citizens, a statement from the prime minister’s office (PMO) said Wednesday.
Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Mukul Wasnik will be the chairman of the national senior citizens council.
“The council will look into the issues related to the welfare of senior citizens and enhancement of their quality of life,” the statement added.
- Aamir meets PM, seeks scrapping of manual scavenging - Jul 16, 2012
- Panel formed to set up Ambedkar centre, memorial in Delhi - Nov 30, 2011
- Aamir meets PM, seeks scrapping of manual scavenging (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Manual scavenging a dark blot, must end: PM (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- 'Welfare funds not fully used in northeast' - May 30, 2012
- Need to sensitize society on autism - Apr 03, 2012
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- PM to inaugurate conference on Dalits - Jun 16, 2011
- PM calls off northeast visit - Jul 17, 2011
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Set up special courts for Dalit cases: Wasnik - Apr 29, 2011
- Jagjivan Ram Foundation member resigns - Jun 28, 2011
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- A job fair for the differently-abled - Jul 19, 2011
- Government to amend law on atrocities against SCs, STs - May 17, 2012
Tags: empowerment, enhancement, manmohan, manmohan singh, mukul, national senior citizens, New Delhi, pmo, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, quality of life, senior citizens council, social justice, welfare of senior citizens