PM to meet ULFA team MondayFebruary 10th, 2011 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) A delegation of the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday, team leader Shashadhar Choudhary said.The team also met Home Minister P. Chidambaram and Home Secretary G.K. Pillai.
Choudhary, the ‘foreign secretary’ of the ULFA, said at a press conference that the meetings were “constructive”.
He said the ULFA wanted to resolve the conflict in Assam through political dialogue.
All the top eight ULFA leaders are out on bail with the government facilitating their release from prison to pave the way for formal peace talks.
But the much-hyped talks have hit a major roadblock with the ULFA commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah rejecting the initiative Monday.
- ULFA meets Chidambaram -- for peace - Feb 10, 2011
- First round of ULFA peace talks begins Thursday - Feb 09, 2011
- ULFA, government begin Assam peace talks (Roundup) - Feb 10, 2011
- ULFA, Chidambaram hold peace talks, seven-member goup formed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 11, 2011
- ULFA split, Paresh Baruah rejects Feb 10 peace talks - Feb 07, 2011
- ULFA holds peace talks, says meeting positive - Aug 05, 2011
- ULFA to open unconditional talks from Feb 10 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- ULFA demands constitutional amendment at talks - Oct 25, 2011
- ULFA team heads for talks with government - Aug 04, 2011
- ULFA dismiss Pillai's claim on Paresh Baruah - Feb 17, 2012
- ULFA leaders to meet Manmohan Singh - Feb 14, 2011
- ULFA leaders meet Manmohan Singh - Feb 14, 2011
- ULFA splits into talk and anti-talk factions - Nov 20, 2011
- ULFA offers ceasefire to pave way for talks (Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Assam peace process hits roadblock - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,