PM to host private dinner for AhmadinejadApril 28th, 2008 - 9:43 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will host a private dinner Tuesday for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a gesture that seeks to underline warming ties between India and Iran. “The prime minister will host a private dinner at his 7 Race Course residence for the Iranian president after the talks,” official sources told IANS.
“It’s an important gesture that shows India attaches great importance to developing relations with Iran,” the sources said.
The Iranian president will return to Tehran after the dinner, his last engagement here that will wrap up his whirlwind three-nation tour to Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India.
Ahamdinejad comes here for a brief four-and-a-half hour visit late Tuesday afternoon after a state visit to Sri Lanka - his first trip to India after assuming power in Tehran nearly three years ago.
Manmohan Singh and Ahmadinejad will discuss a host of bilateral, regional and international issues to intensify political, economic and energy ties between the two countries.
The two leaders are expected to give a political push to the $7.5 billion Iran-Pakistan-India pipeline that will bring the Iranian gas to India via Pakistan.
Other issues like the intensification of economic ties and regional stability will also figure in discussions between the two leaders.
- Manmohan Singh to visit Iran - Sep 24, 2011
- Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit - Jun 03, 2012
- Meira Kumar meets Iranian President Ahmadinejad - Nov 05, 2011
- Manmohan Singh keeps up hectic diplomacy at UN - Sep 24, 2011
- PM heads for Tehran NAM summit, meeting with Ahmadinejad - Aug 25, 2012
- Iran to ask India for spurring tri-nation pipeline - Aug 27, 2012
- Amid sanctions pressure, Iran to pitch for expanded India ties - May 30, 2012
- Day after Iran blasts US, India reiterates close ties - Sep 24, 2011
- Lok Sabha speaker to to visit Iran - Oct 30, 2011
- PM heads to Tehran for NAM summit, Iran ties in focus (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- India to press Iran to cooperate in Israel diplomat attack - Aug 25, 2012
- India, Iran cooperation can help regional peace: Ahmadinejad - Nov 07, 2011
- A tough balancing act awaits Manmohan Singh in Tehran - Jul 31, 2012
- India, Iran to expand ties in renewable energy - Mar 05, 2012
- Address trade imbalance, Manmohan tells Iran - Aug 30, 2012