PM to head National Biofuel Coordination CommitteeSeptember 11th, 2008 - 6:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 11 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will head the newly created National Biofuel Coordination Committee, it was announced here Thursday.”The cabinet today gave its approval for implementation of a National Policy on Biofuels and also gave its approval for setting up of a National Biofuel Coordination Committee and a Biofuel Steering Committee,” Information and Broadcasting Minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi said.
He was briefing reporter after a cabinet meeting presided over Manmohan Singh.
Apart from the prime minister, the coordination committee will comprise the deputy chairman of the Planning Commission, and the ministers for new and renewable energy, rural development, agriculture, environment and forests, petroleum and natural gas, and science and technology.
The secretary in the ministry of new and renewable energy will be the committee’s convener.
The cabinet secretary will head the Biofuel Steering Committee, with the secretary in the ministry of new and renewable energy as its member secretary.
- India approves new policy to promote biofuels - Dec 24, 2009
- Government told to decide fast on bio-fuels programme: Parliament panel - May 07, 2012
- Srivastava named civil aviation secretary - Jul 26, 2012
- Mukul Roy follows Mamata Banerjee as absentee railway minister - Aug 06, 2012
- Jayalalithaa, Modi, Mayawati in Inter-State Council - Oct 05, 2011
- New policy for faster acquisition of overseas mineral assets - Oct 13, 2011
- Ajit Kumar Seth to be new cabinet secretary - May 24, 2011
- India tweaks navy's anti-piracy rules of engagement (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Cabinet approves National Water Mission charter (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Walkouts make headlines, but debates should be better: PM - Aug 18, 2010
- 'National Manufacturing Policy before cabinet in two weeks' - Jul 13, 2011
- Cabinet approves charter of National Water Mission - Apr 06, 2011
- Policy soon on pricing 84 natural resources - Sep 04, 2011
- Air India to seek compensation for Dreamliner delay - Jul 25, 2012
- Cabinet approves MoU with Scotland on renewable energy - Feb 11, 2010