PM to attend Bombay High Court functionAugust 13th, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 13 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address a gathering of legal luminaries here this week to mark the closing ceremony of the 150th anniversary celebrations of the Bombay High Court, an official said here Monday.
The year-long sesquicentennial celebrations of the court shall end Aug 18.
Besides the prime minister, the function shall be attended by Chief Justice of India S.H. Kapadia, Minister of Law and Justice Salman Khurshid, Bombay High Court Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, among others.
Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Milind Deora shall Tuesday release a special postal cover to mark the 150 years of establishment of the high court.
- Government committed to judicial reforms, says PM - Aug 18, 2012
- Respect judicial independence, Kapadia tells government. - Aug 15, 2012
- Beef up apex court security: PM gives directions - Sep 09, 2011
- Judicial activism shouldn't erode constitutional principles: President (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- President to open Chavan centenary celebrations - Feb 21, 2012
- Sankaranarayanan to be sworn-in for second term as Maharashtra governor - May 05, 2012
- Respect judicial independence, Kapadia tells government (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Judicial activism shouldn't erode constitutional principles: President - Sep 08, 2012
- Ex-judge, bureaucrat to probe Adarsh scam - Jan 08, 2011
- Apex court approves reclamation of Karnataka mines - Apr 13, 2012
- Justice Altamas Kabir to be next Chief Justice of India - Sep 13, 2012
- Ashok Chavan agrees to appear before Adarsh panel - May 24, 2012
- Do not encroach upon others' domain, Kapadia cautions judges (Lead) - Nov 26, 2011
- Supreme Court nod on river interlinking - Feb 27, 2012
- Nothing colourable in takeover, Vodafone tells apex court - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: 150th anniversary, anniversary celebrations, bombay high court, chavan, chief justice of india, chief minister, closing ceremony, kapadia, khurshid, law and justice, legal luminaries, manmohan, manmohan singh, milind deora, minister of law, minister of state, mohit, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, salman