PM to address India Inc at Hotel TridentJanuary 16th, 2009 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 16 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address India Inc at the Hotel Trident-Oberoi - one of the sites of the Nov 26-29 Mumbai terror attacks - Saturday.He will participate in the Economic Times Awards function with his cabinet colleagues Murli Deora, Praful Patel and Kamal Nath as well as Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan.
More than 300 top corporate leaders from around the country shall attend the event.
An Economic Times statement said: “We’re honoured that the architect of India’s economic miracle has chosen - in this climate of global economic uncertainty and domestic upheaval - the 10th ET Awards as a platform to address India Inc.”
There will also be a high-powered panel discussion on ‘India’s role in the slowing global economy; and evolving corporate governance in India.’
The discussion will be moderated by Arun Sarin, former global CEO of Vodafone. The panel members shall be Commerce Minister Kamal Nath, Bharti Enterprises Chairman Sunil Mittal and ICICI Bank chairman K.V. Kamath.
Hotel Trident-Obveroi was one of the key landmarks terrorists who India says came from Pakistan attacked. The carnage left over 170 people dead including 26 foreigners.
- Satyam scam isolated, not a slur on corporate India: Kamal Nath - Jan 17, 2009
- Siddhartha Mukherjee, 19 others win Light of India awards - Jun 05, 2012
- Thirteen business leaders conferred with ABLF awards - Oct 04, 2011
- Kamath, the force behind ICICI's rise (Profile) - May 01, 2011
- Satyam 'one-off delinquency': Kamal Nath - Jan 19, 2009
- Prime minister to inaugurate Emerging Kerala summit - Jul 16, 2012
- Can Kamath, the risk taker, change the de-risking mindset in Infosys? (Comment) - May 01, 2011
- India, Asian economies will drive global growth: Ministers - Oct 04, 2011
- Sarkozy pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Dec 07, 2010
- Satyam episode blot on India's corporate image: PM (Lead) - Jan 17, 2009
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Global business meet for Indian diaspora - Aug 28, 2012
- India to begin ASEAN engagement with Delhi Dialogue - Feb 12, 2012
- Hillary meets Indian business leaders, discusses economic crisis (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2009