PM thanks country for wishing him speedy recoveryJanuary 26th, 2009 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 26 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has thanked the people of the country for wishing him a speedy recovery after his coronary bypass surgery Saturday, an official statement said Monday.”The prime minister has received countless messages from women, men and children from across the country extending their wishes for his speedy recovery and good health. He is deeply touched by their kind words conveying their sincere desire to see him soon in fine health and full strength,” said the statement.
“Manmohan Singh is especially overwhelmed by the abundance of good wishes that have come in from children, many of whom have prayed for his quick recuperation,” it said.
“The prime minister is thankful to the people of the country whose true love for him is a source of great strength to him always and particularly as he recovers from his recent heart surgery. The family of Manmohan Singh joins him in expressing their heartfelt gratitude to the people for their support during this period.”
Several world leaders have also sent messages for the speedy recovery of the prime minister who underwent a beating heart bypass surgery here Saturday.
- PM making steady progress, put on semi-solid diet (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2009
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh overwhelmed by peoples well wishes - Jan 26, 2009
- PM makes makes 'excellent progress', thanks nation for wishes (Lead) - Jan 26, 2009
- Get well soon, Gilani wishes Sonia Gandhi - Mar 06, 2012
- Gogoi to undergo two heart surgeries Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Manmohan Singh recovering fast following heart surgery - Jan 27, 2009
- World leaders wish Manmohan Singh a speedy recovery - Jan 25, 2009
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai - Jul 30, 2010
- Big B prays for Yuvraj's speedy recovery - Feb 21, 2012
- Complicated heart surgery on Gogoi in Mumbai - Aug 04, 2010
- Complicated heart surgeries performed successfully on Gogoi (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Partymen missed Sonia in her absence, says Congress mouthpiece - Sep 12, 2011
- Gogoi reaches Guwahati, to resume office from Monday - Sep 10, 2010
- President goes to see PM in hospital - Jan 28, 2009
- PM mourns Rajesh Khanna's death - Jul 18, 2012