PM tells Zardari to pray for peace, tweets SushmaApril 8th, 2012 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) As the select guests were savouring the sumptuous lunch, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urged visiting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari to pray for peace between the two countries at the holy shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer, and the latter agreed to do so.
Tweeting after attending the lunch hosted by the prime minister at his 7, Race Course Road for Zardari, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj said: “Attended lunch hosted by the Prime Minister for President Zardari and his team.”
“Pakistan’s Interior Minister Mr Rehman Malik and Mr Bilawal Bhutto were also present,” she tweeted.
“Towards the end of lunch, Prime Minister told President Zardari that since he was going to Ajmer sharief, he should pray before Khwaja sahib for peace in both our countries’.
“President Zardari promised to do that,” she added.
BJP leader L.K. Advani was also present at the lunch, as was Home Minister P. Chidambaram. Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi was seated next to Bilawal at the table.
Zardari held one-on-one talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Sunday before heading for Ajmer to offer prayers. He is accompanied by a 40-member delegation and is to head back for Pakistan Sunday evening.
- Zardari leaves for India - Apr 08, 2012
- Bansal to be minister-in-waiting for Zardari - Apr 07, 2012
- President Zardari returns home after Indian pilgrimage - Apr 08, 2012
- Enjoyed lunch with Rahul and PM: tweets Bilawal Bhutto (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Manmohan, Zardari to discuss 'important' issues - Apr 07, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Bilawal's Facebook fans discuss India trip - Apr 08, 2012
- Table for 20 at PM's luncheon for Zardari (With Image) - Apr 08, 2012
- Silver rings, bracelets for the Zardaris at Ajmer shrine - Apr 07, 2012
- Rahul accepts Bilawal's invite to visit Pakistan - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Bilawal is like Rahul Gandhi' - Apr 08, 2012
- Talks on bilateral issues likely during Zardari visit: Krishna - Apr 06, 2012
- Bansal offers chadar at Ajmer on PM's behalf - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari arrives in Ajmer, heads for dargah - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari trip good but should fetch results: Analysts - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: ajmer, asif ali, bharatiya janata party, bhutto, bjp leader, holy shrine, home minister, l k advani, manmohan, manmohan singh, member delegation, moinuddin chishti, p chidambaram, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rahul gandhi, rehman malik, sumptuous lunch, sushma swaraj, tweets