PM, Sonia meet injured in MumbaiJuly 14th, 2011 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 14 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday expressed his condolences over the loss of lives in the Mumbai serial blasts and said the task now was to find out the culprits behind the carnage. He and Congress president Sonia Gandhi also met the injured here.
Manmohan Singh, who along with Sonia Gandhi visited various hospitals to meet those injured in Wednesday’s blasts, said there was good coordination between the state and the central governments following the blasts.
“Now the task is (to find out) who (the) culprits are,” the prime minister said.
He said terrorists had advantage of surprise and indicated there was no prior intelligence about the blasts.
The serial blasts in Mumbai Wednesday killed 17 people and injured 131 others.
- PM wants perpetrators caught as terror plot remains mystery - Jul 14, 2011
- PM, Sonia visit injured in Mumbai hospitals (Lead)(With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
- PM, Sonia arrive in Mumbai - Jul 14, 2011
- Congress core group to discuss security - Jul 15, 2011
- All efforts to prevent Mumbai-type attacks: PM - Jul 14, 2011
- Congress core group discusses security, Telangana (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- Terror strikes reinforce perception of rudderless government (Comment) - Sep 10, 2011
- PM, Sonia to visit Mumbai later Thursday (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- PM condemns Mumbai blasts, calls for calm and unity - Jul 14, 2011
- Change anti-terror policy: Advani - Jul 17, 2011
- Indonesia condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Sri Lanka condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- No intelligence on Mumbai terror strikes that killed 17: Chidambaram - Jul 14, 2011
- Rs.500,000 for those killed in blasts: Chavan - Jul 14, 2011
- Indian Americans criticise government for Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: blasts in mumbai, carnage, central governments, condolences, congress president sonia gandhi, coordination, culprits, hospitals, intelligence, july 14, manmohan, manmohan singh, mumbai serial blasts, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, surprise, terrorists