PM shares grief with France and BrazilJune 2nd, 2009 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday condoled the loss of lives in the Air France jetliner tragedy and in separate letters to President Nikolas Sarkozy of France and President Lula da Silva of Brazil expressed grief over the tragedy.
“I am deeply distressed to hear about the tragedy that has struck Air France’s Flight AF 447 which was on its way from Brazil to France. On behalf of the people and government of India, I convey our most sincere condolences on the terrible incident which has affected the lives of so many innocent men, women and children,” the prime minister said.
“Our best wishes and prayers are with you at this moment as investigations are carried out and the full picture emerges. We pray for strength to the families whose loved ones were travelling on the flight to bear this senseless and tragic loss, and we share your pain and sorrow.”
The aircraft, with 228 people from 32 countries on board, went missing Monday and it is feared that it crashed in the Atlantic Ocean. The plane was en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris.
Search efforts have been mounted to zero in on the wreckage. However, Sarkozy said in Paris the chances of finding any survivors were “very slim”.
- PM shares grief with France, Brazil over jetliner tragedy - Jun 02, 2009
- Body recovered from 2009 Air France flight - May 05, 2011
- Bodies found, no black box among 2009 Air France crash wreckage - Apr 05, 2011
- Air France-KLM CEO Pierre-Henri Gourgeon resigns - Oct 18, 2011
- Pilot training blamed for 2009 Air France crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Mystery deepens over whereabouts of Air France plane - Jun 06, 2009
- Air France Rio crash: Jet plunged in minutes - May 27, 2011
- Air France plane may have been bombed, says pilot - Jun 04, 2009
- Christopher Nolan condemns theatre shooting - Jul 21, 2012
- Brazilian pilot reports possible sighting of disappeared French plane's wreckage - Jun 02, 2009
- Investigators find black box from crashed Air France flight - May 02, 2011
- Debris of 2009 Air France crash found - Apr 05, 2011
- Search continues for missing Air France jet with 228 aboard (Lead) - Jun 02, 2009
- Brazil confirms wreckage is from Air France AF447 crash - Jun 03, 2009
- Possible Air France AF447 2009 crash debris sighted - Jun 02, 2009