PM moving about freely, talks to aides (Lead)January 28th, 2009 - 4:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is making steady progress after his heart surgery and is now moving freely in his hospital room, doctors said Wednesday.”Manmohan Singh continues to make steady progress. The prime minister had a restful night and is now in a routine care environment. All catheters have been removed and he is moving freely in his room,” said a bulletin from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Doctors said Manmohan Singh was on regular diet with home-made meals. Physiotherapy and cardiac rehabilitation were being provided to him.
“The prime minister read the newspapers today morning and held discussions with his aides. He also enquired about the funeral arrangements being made for former president R. Venkataraman,” the bulletin said.
President Pratibha Patil visited Manmohan Singh and spent about 15 minutes at AIIMS. She met his wife Gursharan Kaur as the prime minister was resting then, said a Rashtrapati Bhavan official.
“(Patil) took a bouquet to wish the prime minister speedy recovery,” the official said.
Manmohan Singh’s personal physician K.S. Reddy told IANS that the prime minister was recuperating and may be discharged by this weekend.
Manmohan Singh underwent multiple bypass surgery at AIIMS Saturday to remove five arterial blockages.
- PM shifted out of ICU, talks to aides (Second Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- PM walks around, to be discharged 'within a few days' (Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
- PM continuing to recuperate steadily - Jan 29, 2009
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- PM has breakfast with family at AIIMS (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- President goes to see PM in hospital - Jan 28, 2009
- PM makes steady progress, had breakfast with family (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- PM discharged, to work from home within a week (Second Lead) - Feb 01, 2009
- PM doing 'very well', to return home 'in a few days' - Jan 30, 2009
- PM Manmohan Singh visits AIIMS for tests - Mar 01, 2009
- PM discharged, to resume work in three weeks (Lead) - Feb 01, 2009
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to return home soon - Jan 31, 2009
- Manmohan Singh recovering fast following heart surgery - Jan 27, 2009
- PM arrives in Amritsar; to pray at Golden Temple Sunday (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011