PM mourns deaths in Kolkata fire, sanctions reliefDecember 9th, 2011 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 9 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday expressed grief at the deaths of 73 people, mostly patients, in a fire in Kolkata’s AMRI Hospital.
The prime minister also sanctioned ex-gratia grant of Rs.200,000 each to the families of those killed and Rs.50,000 to each of the injured.
“The prime minister expresses shock and anguish over the loss of lives in the hospital fire in Kolkata. He conveys his condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the tragedy,” said a statement issued by his office Friday.
Hospital authorities said 73 people, 70 patients and three staffers, had been killed.
- Pranab expresses condolence to AMRI victims - Dec 10, 2011
- PM condoles Sivakasi fire victims - Sep 05, 2012
- Kolkata hospital blaze kills 90, India mourns - Dec 10, 2011
- Left Front demands high-level probe into hospital fire - Dec 10, 2011
- AMRI Hospital moves court on relief for fire victims (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- PM announces Rs.2 lakh for Assam boat accident victims - May 01, 2012
- Mamata offers Rs.10,000 for fire victims' last rites - Dec 09, 2011
- President grieves over Kolkata hospital fire deaths - Dec 09, 2011
- Kerala accords state funeral to two AMRI nurses - Dec 12, 2011
- When Mamata turned chief manager in face of tragedy - Dec 10, 2011
- Tripura, Mizoram may depanel AMRI Hospital - Dec 11, 2011
- Mamata laments lack of fire fighting infrastructure - Dec 12, 2011
- Bodies of two Kerala nurses sent home - Dec 12, 2011
- Railways to pay Rs.2 lakh each to kin of accident victims - Oct 10, 2010
- Mamata announces judicial probe in hospital fire tragedy - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: amri, anguish, condolences, deaths, grief, hospital authorities, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rs 200, rs 50, sanctions, shock, staffers, tragedy