PM hosts lunch for Tony BlairSeptember 28th, 2011 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday hosted a lunch at his residence for former British prime minister Tony Blair, who is here for a function related to his charity.
Home Minister P. Chidambaram and Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni were also present at the lunch.
National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon, the prime minister’s former special envoys Shyam Saran and Chinmaya R. Gharekhan and British High Commissioner to India Richard Stagg were also present at the lunch, reliable sources said.
Blair was in India to promote his charity — Tony Blair Faith Foundation. A charity cricket match was organised by the Foundation at the British high commissioner’s residence here Wednesday.
- I am a soccer fanatic: Blair - Sep 28, 2011
- I feel like an NRI when in India: Cherie Blair - Dec 10, 2011
- PMO permits Saran to demit office in March - Feb 19, 2010
- Set up visa centre at Lucknow, British envoy urged - Mar 31, 2011
- Pakistan paying heavily for mixing religion with politics: Blair - Sep 29, 2011
- Blair guards bought rocket launchers for Gaza trip - Dec 04, 2010
- Blair appointed `green energy' adviser to US venture capital giant Khosla Ventures - May 25, 2010
- Sumptuous spread at PM's luncheon for Zardari - Apr 08, 2012
- PM's aide on climate change Saran to quit - Feb 19, 2010
- Shyam Saran to quit as PM's special envoy (Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Blair met Gaddafi aide before Lockerbie bomber's release - Sep 25, 2011
- Every child deserves education, says Kajol - Dec 11, 2011
- Tony Blair releases Chinese edition of his memoirs - Aug 30, 2011
- Tony Blair reads the Quran every day - Jun 13, 2011
- FTA will bolster India-Israel trade: Envoy - Dec 07, 2011