PM has breakfast with family at AIIMS (Lead)January 27th, 2009 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who has been recovering well after his coronary bypass surgery, had breakfast with his wife and three daughters at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Tuesday, an official said. “The prime minister has been making excellent progress and had breakfast with his wife and three daughters in the hospital today,” Deepak Sandhu, media adviser to the prime minister, told IANS.
Manmohan Singh underwent a multiple bypass surgery at AIIMS Saturday to remove five arterial blockages and is currently recuperating in an intensive care unit (ICU). His wife Gursharan Kaur and daughters Upinder, Damandeep and Amrit have been camping in the premier institution.
According to the prime minister’s personal physician K.S. Reddy, Manmohan Singh was put on a regular diet Tuesday.
“The prime minister is doing well and has been put on a regular diet from Tuesday,” Reddy told IANS.
According to Reddy, the room where the prime minister is recuperating after surgery is specially meant for him.
“It is an ICU cum VIP room. A decision of shifting the prime minister into another room may be taken by doctors Tuesday evening,” Reddy said.
- PM makes steady progress, had breakfast with family (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- PM doing well, put on a regular diet - Jan 27, 2009
- PM celebrates birthday mid-air - Sep 27, 2011
- PM recuperating steadily, may be discharged this weekend - Jan 28, 2009
- PM moving about freely, talks to aides (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- PM continuing to recuperate steadily - Jan 29, 2009
- President Patil visits PM Manmohan Singh at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi visits PM at AIIMS - Jan 26, 2009
- Manmohan Singh recovering fast following heart surgery - Jan 27, 2009
- A little holiday for the PM - Sep 26, 2011
- PM shifted out of ICU, talks to aides (Second Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- PM walks around, to be discharged 'within a few days' (Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
- PM undergoes routine health checkup at AIIMS - Jan 31, 2010
- PM arrives in Amritsar; to pray at Golden Temple Sunday (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Prime Minister pays obeisance at Golden Temple - Mar 24, 2009