PM hails Risat-1 launchApril 26th, 2012 - 1:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday congratulated scientists of India’s space agency ISRO for the successful launch of the PSLV-C19 rocket that has put into orbit the Radar Imaging Satellite (Risat-1).
“I would like to warmly congratulate all scientists of the Indian Space Research Organisation for the successful launch today of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C19 carrying the Radar Imaging Satellite-1 (Risat-1), the heaviest satellite launched till date using PSLV,” Manmohan Singh said in his message soon after the successful launch.
He said the 20th consecutive successful launch of the PSLV “is an important milestone” in India’s space programme and “is testimony” to ISRO’s mastery of the complex launch vehicle technology.
“I have no doubt that Risat-1’s all weather, day-night imaging ability will significantly contribute to the nation’s remote sensing capabilities. The country is proud of ISRO’s achievements and I wish the organisation all success in its future endeavours,” he added.
The Risat-1 was launched into orbit from the Sriharikota spaceport in Andhra Pradesh, some 80 km from Chennai.
With the launch of Risat-1, India has now joined a select group of nations having such a technology.
- Risat-1 catapults India into a select group of nations (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Indian space agency scores a ton, ready for more (Third Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Manmohan watches as 100th Indian space mission blasts off (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- New ISRO centre to control spy satellite launch - Apr 09, 2012
- Indian space agency scores a perfect 100! (Second Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- ISRO's 100th mission a milestone: PM (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Indigenous space engine test Saturday - May 11, 2012
- India launches Resourcesat-2, two other satellites (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Indian rocket hurls aloft four satellites - Oct 12, 2011
- India's space odyssey: A timeline (To go with ISRO's 100th mission story) - Sep 09, 2012
- India's remote sensing satellite set for launch - Apr 23, 2012
- Indian remote sensing satellite set for launch (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Tamil Nadu woman behind Thursday's microwave satellite project(Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- PM congratulates ISRO - Sep 09, 2012
- India successfully puts three satellites into orbit - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,