PM greets nation on Parsi New YearAugust 19th, 2010 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday greeted the Parsi community on their new year and hoped Navroz would usher in prosperity to all Parsis and the nation.
In his message, the prime minster said Navroz is the most important part of the Gahambar celebration of nature and the seasons, a festival dedicated to renewal and righteousness, the prime minister’s office said.
Alluding to the importance of Prophet Zarathushtra’s teachings of human values and respect for the environment, the prime minister hoped that the Navroz will usher in happiness and prosperity to all Parsis and to the nation.
A small community, which exists mostly in Mumbai and Gujarat, the Parsis, who arrived in India from Persia (Iran today) more than a thousand years ago, form 0.2 percent of the country’s population.
- Parsis celebrate Navroz with enthusiasm in Mumbai - Aug 19, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Parsi New Year - Aug 18, 2011
- PM greets nation on Parsi new year - Mar 20, 2010
- India's Parsis celebrate 'Navroz' - Aug 19, 2009
- Manmohan Singh greets nation on 'Navroz' - Mar 20, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Dussehra, Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- PM greets nation on Navroz - Aug 18, 2009
- President greets nation on Parsi New Year - Aug 18, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- PM greets the nation on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Milad-un-Nabi (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- President, vice president greet nation on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 15, 2011
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- Parsis celebrate Zoroastrian New Year 'Navroz' in Mumbai - Aug 19, 2010
- President, PM greet the nation on Buddha Purnima - May 05, 2012
Tags: celebration, gujarat, happiness, human values, manmohan, manmohan singh, mumbai, New Delhi, new year, parsi community, parsis, persia iran, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prime minster, prophet, prosperity, respect for the environment, righteousness, usher