PM greets nation on EidSeptember 20th, 2009 - 12:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 20 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Sunday greeted the nation on the eve of Eid-ul-Fitr, saying the festival reflected the true spirit of India’s composite culture.
Eid-ul-Fitr, to be celebrated Monday, marks the end of the period of fasting during the holy month of Ramzan. Eid is celebrated on the first day of the Islamic month of Shawwal.
“The festival commemorates austerity, brotherhood and the spirit of sharing. It reflects the true spirit of our composite culture. May the festival strengthen our resolve to promote tolerance and peace and live in harmony,” prime minister said.
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Prime Minister greets nation on Eid - Aug 30, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- President Mukherjee greets nation on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- Prime Minister greets nation on Id-ul-Fitr - Sep 20, 2009
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
- Delhi celebrates Eid with feasting and fervour - Aug 20, 2012
- Dikshit greets people on Eid eve - Sep 10, 2010
- Mamata wishes people on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Zardari, Gilani greet Pakistanis on Eid - Aug 30, 2011
- PM meets Ansari on Eid - Aug 20, 2012
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated on Saturday - Sep 10, 2010
- Eid celebrated in Meghalaya - Aug 31, 2011
- Lok Sabha speaker greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr - Sep 10, 2010
Tags: austerity, brotherhood, composite culture, eid, eid ul fitr, eve, harmony, manmohan, manmohan singh, month of shawwal, New Delhi, peace, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, resolve, spirit of india, tolerance, true spirit, ul