PM condoles death of Ranbir SinghFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday condoled the death of noted freedom fighter and parliamentarian Ranbir Singh, saying that his role in the freedom movement will always be remembered.“His contributions to the freedom movement and as a member of the constituent assembly and the first and second Lok Sabha will always be remembered by the country,” the prime minister said in a brief message.
The lone surviving member of the Constituent Assembly, Ranbir Singh, father of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, passed away Sunday at his residence in Rohtak. He was 94.
A disciple of Mahatma Gandhi, he was an eminent freedom fighter and a distinguished parliamentarian.
The Haryana government declared a three-day state mourning.
- Happiness gained from money, power limited: Sonia - Feb 02, 2011
- Contributing to society at 90? Get an award in Haryana - Aug 02, 2010
- Lone surviving Constituent Assembly member dead (Lead) - Feb 01, 2009
- Prime Minister, Vice President condoles passing away of former Speaker Bali Ram Bhagat - Jan 02, 2011
- PM condoles demise of CPI's Chaturanan Mishra - Jul 04, 2011
- Constituent Assembly member Ranbir Singh cremated - Feb 02, 2009
- Rioting, blockade over power cuts in Hooda's district - Sep 02, 2012
- Haryana enhances annuity for freedom fighters - Aug 15, 2011
- A Rs.300 crore 'Thank You' from Hooda! (Haryana Newsletter) - Dec 18, 2011
- Chandigarh will remain Harayana's capital: Hooda - Mar 25, 2012
- Bhajan Lal laid to rest with state honours (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Hooda detractors make themselves heard (Haryana Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
- Hooda visits 92-year-old freedom fighter at home - Aug 15, 2010
- Bypolls for two Haryana assembly seats Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- Haryana seeks safe return of captive Indian sailors (Lead, correcting figure) - Mar 03, 2011