PM briefs president on Bihar floods, Orissa violenceAugust 30th, 2008 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 30 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday apprised President Pratibha Patil about communal violence in Orissa, the flood ravage in Bihar and unrest in Jammu and Kashmir.According to a Rashtrapati Bhawan communiqué, the meeting lasted about 45 minutes.
“They discussed issues pertaining to Jammu and Kashmir, Orissa and Bihar situations, and other issues of national and international importance,” the statement said.
Bihar has been reeling under floods in the Kosi river for two weeks and over 2.5 million people in 14 districts have been affected by it. At least 12 people have lost their lives.
In Orissa, 13 people have died in the communal violence following the killing of a Hindu group leader.
Unrest over the Amarnath land transfer row has made life difficult both in the Kashmir valley and Jammu region.
- PM, president discuss Kashmir, CWG - Sep 20, 2010
- BJP raps government on Amarnath Yatra decision - May 16, 2012
- Tight security in Jammu and Kashmir ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Jammu, Kashmir lock horns over Amarnath infrastructure - Aug 23, 2012
- PM meets president, discusses Kashmir and parliament - Aug 11, 2010
- Ajit Singh sworn-in union minister - Dec 18, 2011
- National Conference accuses BJP of arousing communal passions - Jan 21, 2011
- Tourist arrivals in Kashmir down by 50 percent: Omar - Mar 23, 2011
- Four years later, Kosi flood victims fight for survival - Aug 20, 2012
- What does summer hold for Kashmir? - Mar 12, 2011
- Declare a calamity severe in three days, says panel - Aug 14, 2012
- Jammu governor's house gets solar-powered cars - Jan 04, 2011
- Congress to strengthen base in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 23, 2010
- President visits flood-affected Leh - Sep 01, 2010
- Jammu shutdown call has few supporters - Jul 02, 2010