PM announces Rs.1 lakh for kin of Leh cloudburst victimsAugust 6th, 2010 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Friday condoled the deaths caused by the cloudburst in Leh town of Jammu and Kashmir and announced a compensation of Rs.1 lakh each for the families of those dead.
“The prime minister has sanctioned an ex-gratia of Rs.1 lakh each from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund to the next of kin of the person deceased and Rs.50,000 to those seriously injured,” said the press release issued by the Prime Minster’s Office.
At least 59 people are believed to have died and over 300 injured in the cloudburst that took place after midnight Thursday.
In his condolence message, Singh said he was “deeply shocked to learn of the loss of lives and devastation in the flash floods caused by the cloudburst in the Choglumsar area near Leh in Ladakh.”
He offered his condolences to the bereaved families and wished speedy recovery to the injured.
He added that the centre would give all “possible help to the state government and the affected people in the rescue and relief operations.”
- PM announces Rs.1 lakh for kin of Leh cloudburst victims (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- PM expresses grief over loss of lives in Leh flash floods - Aug 06, 2010
- PM to visit Leh on Tuesday - Aug 15, 2010
- 80 dead, 300 injured in flash floods in Leh - Aug 06, 2010
- PM condoles Sivakasi fire victims - Sep 05, 2012
- Centre will do everything possible for rehabilitation of Leh cloudburst victims: PM - Aug 17, 2010
- 103 dead, 370 injured in flash floods in Leh - Aug 06, 2010
- PM visits Leh, announces Rs.125-crore relief package (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2010
- Destroyed houses in Leh to be rebuilt within three months: Manmohan Singh - Aug 17, 2010
- Ad spent on Rajiv Gandhi's birth anniversary could have gone to Leh: BJP - Aug 20, 2010
- Prime Minister to visit cloudburst-hit Leh on Tuesday - Aug 16, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to visit cloudburst-hit Leh today - Aug 17, 2010
- PM announces Rs.2 lakh for Assam boat accident victims - May 01, 2012
- Every home destroyed in Leh will be rebuilt: PM (Third Lead) - Aug 17, 2010
- PM visits Leh, announces Rs.125 crore relief package (Lead) - Aug 17, 2010