PM announces interim relief for cyclone-hit areasJanuary 10th, 2012 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday announced an interim relief of Rs.500 crore for Tamil Nadu and Rs.125 crore for Puducherry which were badly affected by Cyclone Thane.
“The interim relief based on the preliminary reports is Rs.500 crore for Tamil Nadu and Rs.125 crore for Puducherry,” a statement issued here said.
Areas of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry were affected by Cyclone Thane in the last week of December.
A central government team is currently visiting the affected areas and will be submitting its report based on which a final relief will be sanctioned.
- Heavy rains leave four dead in Thiruvananthapuram - Dec 31, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to ask expert panel to study Kudankulam safety - Feb 04, 2012
- Cyclone Thane kills 15 in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry (Third Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Cyclone Thane kills 33 in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry; spares Andhra (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2011
- Cyclone Thane kills 33 in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry (Fourth Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Jayalalithaa orders Rs.150 crore for cyclone relief - Dec 30, 2011
- Central team to assess cyclone damage in Chennai - Jan 07, 2012
- Life limping back after Cyclone Thane's destruction - Dec 31, 2011
- Centre forced to announce cyclone relief funds: Jayalalithaa - Feb 03, 2012
- Damage by cyclone Thane to lower general insurers' profits - Jan 03, 2012
- Rs.700 crore relief more for cyclone damage: Jayalalithaa - Jan 03, 2012
- Cyclone Thane toll now 46, life limps back to normalcy (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Cyclone Thane kills five in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry (Second Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Back on screen soon: Rajnikanth - Jan 27, 2012
- Centre urged to help develop cyclone hit areas - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: central government, crore, cyclone, government team, interim relief, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, puducherry, rs 125, rs 500, tamil nadu, thane