Plot to kill Magsaysay winner Anna Hazare revealedJune 1st, 2009 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 1 (IANS) The killers of Congress leader Pawan Raje Nimbalkar have revealed here Monday that there was a contract given out to kill Maharashtra’s social and anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare, a Magsaysay Award winner.
Special public prosecutor for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Ejaz Khan told IANS that the accused Parasmal Jain and Dinesh Tiwari had revealed receiving a Rs.2.50 million contract to eliminate Hazare.
The disclosure was made by them in their statement recorded before a magistrate last week, Khan said.
Jain and Tiwari were nabbed by the CBI last Wednesday for the killing of Nimbalkar and his driver Samad Qazi near Kalamboli on Mumbai-Pune Expressway June 3, 2006.
They have been remanded to police custody till next Monday (June 8) by a court in Panvel, some 100 km from here.
- Plot to kill Magsaysay winner Anna Hazare revealed (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Murder accused NCP MP in jail till July 3 - Jun 20, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with Congress leader's murder, in CBI custody (Fourth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Accused NCP MP sent to CBI custody till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with murder of Congress leader (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil in CBI custody for Congress leader's murder (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2009
- Forensic experts to probe murder of Maharashtra Congress leader - Jun 11, 2009
- NCP MP arrested for Congress leader's murder (Fifth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI to challenge Maharashtra MP's bail in murder case (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 - Jun 07, 2011
- NCP MP gets bail in Nimbalkar murder case - Sep 25, 2009
- CBI quizzes Anna Hazare in Nimbalkar murder - Jun 09, 2009
- Patil's CBI custody extended till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- Pawar says law will take its own course in Patil arrest case - Jun 07, 2009