Pleasant, windy day in Delhi (Lead)April 24th, 2012 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) A sunny morning was followed by a cloudy and pleasant day as strong gusts of wind prevented the mercury from rising above average in the capital Tuesday. The met office has forecast a sunny and hot Wednesday.
The maximum temperature was 37.6 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the year while the minimum was two notches below average at 21.5 degrees.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 62 and a low of 27 percent.
According to the India Meteoroidal department (IMD) the mercury will rise Wednesday and the skies will remain sunny and clear.
“The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 38 and 22 degrees Celsius,” said the IMD.
Monday’s maximum temperature settled two notches below average at 36 degrees Celsius while the minimum was three notches below average at 19.7 degrees.
- Pleasant day in Delhi, light rain expected Saturday (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Light rains in Delhi, sunny Wednesday predicted (Second Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Windy Friday in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Hot, sunny day in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, mercury to rise Monday (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Pleasant weather continues in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, clear day ahead - Apr 25, 2012
- Sunny, windy day in Delhi - Mar 22, 2012
- Pleasant Monday in Delhi, no rains likely Tuesday (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Sunny day in Delhi, rain expected Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Sunny, clear day in Delhi, similar weather Friday (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Sunny, pleasant Wednesday in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Hot, dry day in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Sunny Friday in Delhi, hot Saturday in store (Lead) - May 04, 2012