Pleasant day in Delhi, mercury to rise Monday (Lead)May 13th, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) A day after rains lashed the capital, the pleasant weather continued Sunday with partly cloudy skies and cool winds ensuring the temperatures stayed below average. However, the met office has forecast the mercury to rise from Monday.
The day’s maximum temperature was two notches below average at 37.6 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was three notches below average at 22 degrees Celsius.
The maximum and minimum humidity levels were 64 and 27 percent, respectively.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the temperatures will rise again from Monday with no rains in store.
“The skies will remain clear and sunny and the maximum temperature is expected to hover around 40 degrees Celsius while the minimum will hover around 26 degrees Celsius,” said an IMD official.
Delhi witnessed thunderstorm and a drizzle of 1.4 mm Saturday evening, bringing down the temperature and providing respite from the scorching heat during the day.
The temperature late Saturday evening was 25.4 degree Celsius, down from the day’s maximum of 40.3 degree Celsius, which was a notch above average. The minimum temperature was 25.2 degrees, average for this time of the season.
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Thunderstorm cools Delhi after scorching heat (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Thunderstorm cools Delhi after scorching heat (Second Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, rains in store - Apr 26, 2012
- Hot, sunny Sunday in Delhi, rains expected Monday (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Pleasant, windy day in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Pleasant weather continues in Delhi, no rain (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Sunny Sunday in Delhi, cloudy Monday likely (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain in store - Apr 12, 2012
- Light drizzle in Delhi, thunderstorm likely - Apr 10, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rain likely - Jun 22, 2012
- Sunny Friday in Delhi, hot Saturday in store (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Sunny, clear Monday in Delhi, cloudy Tuesday expected (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Windy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: cloudy skies, cool winds, degree celsius, drizzle, humidity levels, india meteorological department, late saturday evening, maximum temperature, mercury, minimum temperature, New Delhi, notch, respite from, scorching heat, temperatures, three notches, thunderstorm, time of the season, weather