Plea on bids for Air Force museum design dismissedJanuary 19th, 2009 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 19 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday declined to quash a tender the defence ministry floated in December inviting designs for construction of an Air Force museum here.A division bench of Justices Madan B. Lakur and Siddharth Mridul dismissed a petition filed by a contruction firm, Suresh Goel and Associates, challenging a fresh advertisement issued by the office of the chief engineer of the Indian Air Force in December inviting bids.
The court said issuance of a fresh advertisement is an in-house exercise to have an idea about the high-quality Air Force museum.
Filing a petition, the company said that Suresh Goel and Associates had already been selected for the construction of the museum after the department’s previous advertisement. But, the department had issued a similar advertisement afresh, inviting architectural designs for the museum.
Seeking quashing of the second advertisement, the petitioner said it had participated in the process in April 2005 following an advertisement.
Since June 2007, the company was making project presentations before senior officers of the Air Force and the process continued till February 2008, the company added.
- Petitioners seeking quashing of FIR fined Rs.1.50 lakh - Sep 27, 2011
- SC to hear Monday government plea on minorities' sub-quota - Jun 09, 2012
- Dikshit gets court notice on BJP leader's plea - Jul 10, 2012
- Apex court stays cancellation of Jaipur's Jal Mahal lease (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Court quashes proceedings against Microsoft India (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Himachal wants to re-allot hydro-power project to Brakel - Jul 25, 2010
- Court dismisses CBI petition for attachment of Jagan firms - May 21, 2012
- Dhumal details loss due to delay in hydropower project - Dec 08, 2010
- Court dismisses Vedanta plea for refinery expansion (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Government seeks time till March 2013 for 2G licence auction (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Cancer drug: Natco Pharma told to file reply by Aug 25 - Aug 21, 2012
- CBI charges Kalmadi, eight others in CWG case (Third Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Court issues notice on lack of teachers in air force school (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- High court quashes proceedings against Microsoft India - Mar 19, 2012
- Kanimozhi moves high court seeking quashing of 2G charges - Mar 23, 2012