Plea for release of damaged Israeli embassy car opposedApril 23rd, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) The Delhi Police Monday opposed in a city court a plea seeking the release for inspection an Israeli embassy vehicle that was damaged in a bomb blast here Feb 13.
The Police told Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav that the vehicle must not be released for inspection by an insurance surveyor as investigation in the case was still going on.
The application for releasing the vehicle was moved by Alon Yehoshua, defence attache of Israeli embassy and husband of embassy employee Tal Yehoshua, who was injured in the attack.
Counsel for petitioner requested the court to allow his application.
Journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, accused in the blast, in the last hearing April 19 told the court that the damaged vehicle should not be released for inspection by the insurance surveyor.
The court would next hear the matter April 30.
The application filed, on behalf of Alon Yehoshua, by advocate Sushil Shukla Monday requested the court to release the damaged car for preparing repair estimates by workshop staff.
Tal Yehoshua suffered multiple injuries when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire near the prime minister’s house in central Delhi.
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi opposes vehicle's release - Apr 19, 2012
- Inspection of Israeli embassy car allowed - May 01, 2012
- Blast in Israeli embassy car: Kazmi's bail plea dismissed (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
- Give copies of remand application to Kazmi: Court - May 25, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Kazmi seeks to know name of interrogators - Mar 31, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Police deny Kazmi's allegation - Apr 21, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi's custody extended - Apr 07, 2012
- Blast in Israeli embassy car: Kazmi's bail plea dismissed (Second Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's decision set aside (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Kazmi moves bail application - Mar 30, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi moves bail plea - Jul 13, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kazmi's plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: 'Missing' documents traced - May 24, 2012
Tags: ahmad, bomb blast, car on fire, central delhi, damaged car, defence attache, delhi police, explosive device, insurance surveyor, israeli embassy, magistrate, mohammed, motorcycle rider, petitioner, plea, repair estimates, shukla, sushil, workshop staff, yadav