Plea challenging DDA quota dismissedFebruary 17th, 2009 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday dismissed a plea challenging the reservation policy the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) adopted in allotting flats last year.
A division bench headed by Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah and Justice Sanjeev Khanna dismissed the petition and said they will pass the detailed order later.
Prem Chand, an applicant, had failed to get a flat in the draw and alleged in his petition that the state-run housing agency had illegally allowed Scheduled Tribes (ST) people from other states to apply for DDA flats under the quota reserved for the category.
He alleged that under the DDA Act, the housing agency is not entitled to accept applications from residents of states other than Delhi.
He said the agency had surpassed its jurisdiction by inviting applications from ST members outside the National Capital Territory, without a thought for members of the community living in Delhi.
Under the DDA housing scheme of 2008, a total of 5,238 flats were allotted to applicants chosen from over 500,000 of them. The draw of lots was held Dec 16, but it was alleged to have been rigged.
- Explain policy on reserved category flats, court asks DDA - Feb 09, 2009
- Court asks DDA to explain reservation policy - Feb 02, 2009
- Court tells DDA to give flat to man waiting for 30 years (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Court notice to DDA over flat allotment quota - Jan 12, 2009
- DDA to allot flats in November after clean chit in scam - Oct 29, 2009
- Court gives green signal to DDA to allot flats - Nov 06, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- Complete Rohini plot demarcation by Oct 30, court tells DDA - Sep 23, 2011
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011
- DDA inquiry committee submits report on housing scam - Feb 20, 2009
- Court tells DDA to allot house plots in Rohini - Mar 14, 2012
- Absconding property dealer held in DDA scam - Oct 24, 2009
- Give Rohini plots to blast victims on priority: Court (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Court asks DDA for records on 2004 housing scheme - Mar 24, 2010