Plea against legislator’s ‘kangaroo court’ dismissedAugust 1st, 2011 - 10:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday asked a petitioner to move the Allahabad High court on his demand for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the holding of kangaroo court by a Uttar Pradesh Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator to decide criminal and civil disputes.
Legislator Mohammad Iqbal holds court every Sunday at Chandpur Tehsil in Bijnor district and, besides deciding criminal and civil disputes, imposes penalties, said petitioner Sher Baz Khan.
Khan was asked by the apex court bench of Chief Justice S.H. Kapadia, Justice K.S. Panikar Radhakrishnan and Justice Swatanter Kumar to approach the high court after his petition was dismissed as withdrawn.
- Plea against legislator's 'kangaroo court' dismissed (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Supreme Court refuses to help legislator who holds court - May 13, 2010
- Supreme Court notice to poll panel on EVMs - Jul 25, 2011
- Apex court declines to stay Lokpal Bill notification - Apr 29, 2011
- Plea questioning cash awards for cricketers rejected - May 07, 2011
- Supreme Court dismisses petition in Vodafone case - Mar 02, 2012
- Supreme Court to decide CVC's fate Thursday - Mar 02, 2011
- Government's plea for Vodafone verdict review dismissed - Mar 20, 2012
- Charity can't fund education-for-all: Apex court - Jul 20, 2011
- Apex court declines to hear plea on Telangana - Jul 15, 2011
- Plea on right to property dismissed - Oct 18, 2010
- Apex court dismisses lawyer's petition in Vodafone case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Not sure about filing for review on RTE decision' - Apr 13, 2012
- Rights of school owners, poor kids can co-exist: Apex court - Mar 15, 2011
- Seats for weaker sections under Right to Education valid: SC (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: allahabad high court, apex, apex court, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief justice, civil disputes, court bench, kangaroo, kangaroo court, kapadia, legislator, mohammad iqbal, New Delhi, petition, petitioner, plea, radhakrishnan, tehsil, uttar pradesh