PlastIndia Foundation joins hands with Gujarat for knowledge centreJanuary 27th, 2009 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 27 (IANS) The PlastIndia Foundation, an apex forum of the country’s plastic industry, has signed an agreement with the Gujarat government for setting up a knowledge centre in the state.The centre, to be set up at a cost of Rs.1 billion (Rs.100 crore), would start functioning in two years, PlastIndia Foundation president Arvind M. Mehta said here Tuesday.
“It will be an institute of eminence for studying polymer technology. We are looking for a tie-up with some US university for running the course. We will have detailed discussions during the seventh international plastics exhibition and Conference in New Delhi next month,” he said.
The centre, spread over 50 acres, would be located at Umbargaon near the Gujarat-Maharashtra border. “It will help in attracting young talent to the polymer industry,” Mehta said.
Plastindia Foundation vice-president Amar Seth said the organisation was also open to enter into an agreement with universities beyond the US shores. “It all depends on the terms and condition the university offers. If it suits us, we may also have a five-year M-Tech course,” he said.
- Howrah to get knowledge-cum-poly park - Jun 08, 2011
- Polymer export target cut down to $4.1 bn - Jan 27, 2009
- Plastics federation plans knowledge centre - Apr 26, 2012
- Plastic industry becoming popular in Assam - Jun 09, 2010
- India''s non-oil imports has increased 25 percent, says Commerce Secretary - Feb 05, 2009
- India's plastics industry to grow to Rs.1,000 bn in 2012 - Sep 12, 2011
- Plastic industry supports jail for law-breaking units - Jan 06, 2010
- President Patil cautions plastic industry for harming environment - Feb 04, 2009
- RBI to float global tender on polymer bank notes - Aug 24, 2012
- Plastic from synthetic clothes threaten food chain - Jan 29, 2012
- UAE to be free of plastic bags by 2013 - Jan 10, 2011
- Kemrock to invest $2 bn in Gujarat for speciality polymers - Jan 14, 2011
- FICCI ties up with Delhi agency to promote mediation - Feb 19, 2011
- Research culture crying need of India: Kalam - Jan 10, 2012
- Advanced electronics lab coming up in Bangalore - Jul 20, 2012