Planning Commission to focus on social inclusion: MontekOctober 17th, 2011 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IANS) The Planning Commission is committed to social inclusion while stressing on growth as one of the aspects of the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17), its deputy chairperson Montek Singh Ahluwalia said Monday.
Addressing a gathering of representatives from various civil society organisations in a two-day symposium, Ahluwalia said, “We see growth as one of the aspects of the 12th Five Year Plan, but we affirm the need for social inclusion.”
The symposium was organised by Wada Na Toda Abhiyan (WNTA) entitled “Equity Unaddressed”, on the draft approach paper of the 12th Five Year Plan.
Over 850 civil society participants voiced their concerns and recommendations on the paper.
The Draft Approach Paper of the 12th Five Year Plan was released by the Planning Commission in September.
- Activists demand higher allocation for education, health - May 03, 2011
- Nine percent growth not possible in 12th Plan: Montek - Jul 06, 2012
- Southern states to meet in Bangalore on 12th Plan approach paper - Jun 09, 2011
- Plan panel hints at 9-9.5 percent growth in 12th Plan - Jun 10, 2011
- India to release low carbon report May 9 - May 07, 2011
- India to set 9 percent growth target for next five year plan (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- 'Education, skill development top priority of 12th Plan' - Aug 06, 2012
- India to evaluate impact of growth on environment - May 09, 2011
- Finance ministry vetting infrastructure debt fund scheme: Montek - Jun 10, 2011
- India targets 9.5 percent growth for next plan period (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- PM to chair plan panel meeting Thursday - Apr 20, 2011
- India likely to set 9 percent growth target for next five year plan - Aug 19, 2011
- Private participation vital to expedite development in northeast: Plan panel - Mar 30, 2012
- 12th Plan growth projection lowered to 8.2 percent - Sep 14, 2012
- Plan panel meeting on eastern region begins in Patna - May 30, 2011