Plane with eight people goes missing in ChileMarch 23rd, 2012 - 4:37 am ICT by IANS
Santiago, March 23 (IANS) A small plane with eight people onboard went missing in Chile shortly after taking off Thursday, the civil aviation authority said.
The plane, a Beechcraft BE300, disappeared from radar around 40 minutes after taking off from the southern city of Punta Arenas, Xinhua reported.
A stress call had been sent by the pilot before losing contact with ground control, officials said.
The eight passengers included a patient and three medical personnel. The plane was on its way to the Chilean capital Santiago.
The Chilean Air Force has launched a search and rescue mission.
- 21 dead in Chile plane crash - Sep 04, 2011
- Five killed, three missing in Chilean plane crash - Mar 03, 2012
- Turkish military plane crashes in Mediterranean - Jun 22, 2012
- Aerocaribbean Plane Crash Leaves All Crew And passengers Dead In Central Cuba - Nov 05, 2010
- Transport plane crash in Russia's Far East kills 11 - Aug 09, 2011
- Two killed in small plane crash in US - Feb 22, 2012
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Argentina airline crash kills 22 - May 19, 2011
- Tens of thousands march in Chile for better schools - Aug 29, 2012
- Plane with six people goes missing in Mexico - Oct 08, 2010
- Indian-origin man among five dead in US plane crash (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Plane crashes in Suriname, eight missing - May 16, 2010
- Brazil says loss of station won't stop Antarctica research - Feb 28, 2012
- Chile mudslide leaves 3,000 stranded - May 31, 2012
- Six dead in southern Russia plane crash - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: beechcraft, chile santiago, chilean air force, chilean capital, civil aviation authority, control officials, ground control, pilot, punta arenas, radar, search and rescue, search and rescue mission, stress, xinhua