Plane with burning engine makes emergency landing in KolkataJanuary 17th, 2009 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 17 (IANS) A Jet Airways flight had to make an emergency landing at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here after its engine caught fire Saturday. All passengers were safe, an airport official said.”The Guwahati-bound Jet Airways flight took off from here around 6.20 a.m. Saturday. After two-three minutes, the engine partly caught fire and thick smoke started coming out of it. The pilot immediately contacted the ATC (Air Traffic Control) and went for an emergency landing,” airport director V.K. Monga told IANS.
“All passengers as well as crew members are safe,” Monga said.
He added that the cause of the fire was yet to be determined.
All passengers were sent to Guwahati in another aircraft.
- Malaysian flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airport - Feb 20, 2011
- Druk Air flight makes emergency landing at Kolkata - Feb 06, 2009
- Alert pilots save 48 passengers aboard Air India plane (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Alert women pilots save over 48 lives aboard Air India plane (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Minor fire in Mumbai-bound flight, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- Pakistani plane makes emergency landing - May 13, 2011
- Reports of near-misses in Delhi untrue: Airport authority - May 20, 2011
- Air India flight makes emergency landing - Aug 30, 2011
- Major plane accident averted in Chennai - Sep 24, 2011
- Fireman as ATC! Tirupati airport officials to face action - Feb 03, 2012
- Plane's tyres burst in Chandigarh, trigger panic - Dec 14, 2010
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing at Jammu - Jun 13, 2012
- Delta Airways flight makes emergency landing at Mumbai - Nov 05, 2010
- Jet Airways aborts flight after smoke in tyre - Feb 17, 2011
- Kolkata airport official dies after fall - Sep 17, 2011