Plane veers off Madrid runway, deaths reportedAugust 20th, 2008 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Aug 20 (DPA) An airplane attempting to take off from Madrid airport veered off the runway Wednesday, killing several people, Spain’s RNE radio reported.According to rescue services, the Spainair aircraft broke apart after it went off the runway and burst into flames.
Witnesses reported that a huge cloud of smoke engulfed the area.
The flight was destined for Gran Canaria.
- Transplant organ remains unscathed after jet crashes in flames in UK - Nov 20, 2010
- Four Americans killed in Bahamas plane crash - Mar 27, 2012
- Over 100 dead in Madrid plane crash: Officials (Third Lead) - Aug 21, 2008
- Plane veers off Madrid runway, seven killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2008
- Business jet crashes at airport in North Carolina, three feared killed - Mar 16, 2012
- Dozens rescued after passenger plane overshoots runway at airport in northeast China - Aug 25, 2010
- Death toll in Madrid plane crash rises to 153 (Lead) - Aug 21, 2008
- Images : Plane Crash In T-4 Terminal In Barajas Airport - Aug 21, 2008
- Chinese plane crash survivors recall horror - Aug 26, 2010
- Solar-powered plane attempts intercontinental flight - May 25, 2012
- Air India crash eyewitnesses say better rescue facilities could have saved more lives - May 23, 2010
- Snag grounds Jetlite flight - May 02, 2012
- Pilot dies after mid air collision in UK - Jul 05, 2011
- 44 including 8 foreigners killed in Russian plane crash (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Over 140 killed in Madrid plane crash - Aug 21, 2008