Plane makes emergency landing after bird hitAugust 20th, 2011 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 20 (IANS) Minutes after take-off, an Air India plane made an emergency landing at Lucknow airport in Uttar Pradesh Saturday after suffering a bird hit, an official said. All passengers are safe.
The Lucknow-Varanasi-Mumbai flight-AI 695 landed back at the Chaudhary Charan Singh Amausi airport.
Though the incident took place in the afternoon, it was confirmed by airport authorities only Saturday evening.
“Earlier we were told that the pilot landed the plane after he felt there was some problem in the aircraft. However, later Air India said that it was a bird hit,” Lucknow airport Director Atul Dixit told IANS.
According to airport sources, there were around 80 passengers and four crew members on board.
“Nearly 15-20 minutes after take-off, the plane landed at the Lucknow airport,” Abhinav Srivastava, a passenger, told reporters.
“There was some sound. However, we were not told about the bird hit at that time. We came to know about it only after we landed at the airport,” he added.
- Tyre burst in Air India flight - Aug 14, 2011
- AI pilot abandons take-off after engine snag - Aug 21, 2010
- Close shave for JetLite flight in Lucknow - Jul 29, 2010
- Flight enters 'wrong taxiway', passengers safe - Apr 06, 2011
- Oman Air flight cancelled as pilot ill - Jun 07, 2011
- Air India flight suffers tyre burst, passengers safe - Nov 15, 2010
- Varanasi-Mumbai Air India flight returns after snag - Jul 30, 2010
- Kingfisher shuts shop in Lucknow: Airport officials - Mar 26, 2012
- Air India flight skids off runway in Kanpur - Jul 20, 2011
- Flight makes emergency landing after passenger's suicide bid - Jun 23, 2011
- Air Arabia flight makes emergency landing at Kochi - Oct 26, 2010
- Special plane with stranded passengers reaches Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- 'Bird-hit might have caused Air India flight to turn back' - Jul 22, 2011
- Snake bites fireman inside Lucknow airport premises - Jul 26, 2010
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's help but passengers miffed (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012