Plane crash victims’ kin to travel to NepalSeptember 25th, 2011 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 25 (IANS) A small group from Tiruchirappali in Tamil Nadu will Monday travel to Nepal to bring back the bodies of the Indians killed in Sunday’s air crash there.
Eight of the 10 Indians who died when a Buddha Airlines plane crashed in a forested area about 20 km from Kathmandu were noted builders of the Tamil Nadu town.
The victims’ near and dear ones were inconsolable.
Lending the bereaved families a helping hand was Rajya Sabha member N. Siva, who got in touch with the Indian embassy in Nepal.
“We will take a flight to Delhi Monday and then to Kathmandu. The Indian embassy officials have assured us necessary assistance,” Siva told IANS from Tiruchirapalli, around 320 km from here.
The eight dead builders are M. Maruthachalam, M. Manimaran, A.K. Krishnan, V.M. Kankasabesan, T. Dhansekaran, Kattoor Mahalingam, Meenakshisundaram and K. Thyagarajan.
Relatives of the dead met District Collector Jayashree Muralidharan and sought the government’s assistance to bring back the bodies.
According to Siva, a small group will go to Kathmandu to identify the bodies and bring them back.
The builders had gone to Delhi to attend a conference. From there they flew to Nepal for sightseeing.
The much anticipated trip for a glimpse of the Mt Everest up close from air led the plane to crash.
- Jayalalithaa condoles deaths in Nepal air crash - Sep 25, 2011
- All 19 on board dead in Nepal plane crash - Sep 25, 2011
- Nepal plane crash: Grieving families wait for last remains - Sep 26, 2011
- Seven Indians die in Nepal plane crash (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Nepal plane crash ends Kolkata doctor's book dream - Sep 26, 2011
- Another Chennai student dies in Nepal accident - Oct 23, 2011
- 13 Indians die as plane crashes in Nepal (Sixth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die as plane crashes into Nepal cliff (Fourth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 13 Indians die as plane flies into Nepal cliff (Fifth Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Chennai college student dead in Nepal bridge collapse - Oct 23, 2011
- At least 7 Indians killed in Nepal plane crash (Second Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Nepal army plane crashes - Oct 19, 2011
- 102-year-old woman's civic poll victory undone - Oct 25, 2011
- 'Paa' child artist Taruni Sachdev cremated - May 17, 2012
Tags: air crash, bereaved families, buddha, chennai, embassy officials, forested area, glimpse, helping hand, indian embassy in nepal, k thyagarajan, mahalingam, mt everest, muralidharan, necessary assistance, plane crash victims, rajya sabha member, sightseeing, siva, small group, tiruchirapalli