Plane crash victim’s father leaves for NigeriaJune 6th, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 6 (IANS) The father of a computer engineer from Kerala, who died in a plane crash in Nigeria Sunday, has left for the west African country to bring back his son’s body.
Rijo Eldos from Neriamangalam in Idukki district was among the 153 victims on board the Dana Air flight that crashed in the city of Lagos.
Speaking to IANS, the family’s neighbour Jithu said K. Eldos left for Nigeria to see if Rijo’s body could be brought back.
“We were told that 58 bodies had been recovered but they could be identified only after DNA tests,” he said.
“Initially, the DNA test of the father was to be done here and sent to Nigeria. But that did not seem to have worked out and Eldos decided to go to Nigeria.”
“His father left with Rijo’s colleague. Incidentally, Rijo’s leave was to start once this colleague returned to Nigeria. Now we’re all waiting and praying that we get his body,” said Jithu.
According to Rijo Eldos’ family members, he was flying from Abuja to Lagos to take part in a company meeting. He was working with IT major Redington Nigeria.
- Kerala engineer dies in Nigerian air crash - Jun 04, 2012
- Nigeria crash: Getting Indians' bodies back to take time - Jun 08, 2012
- Nigerian plane with 153 aboard crashes - Jun 03, 2012
- 21 foreigners dead in Nigeria air crash - Jun 06, 2012
- Indian firm didn't own plane that crashed in Nigeria - Jun 06, 2012
- Nigeria mourns plane crash victims - Jun 04, 2012
- Hundreds feared dead after Nigerian jet crashes in Lagos - Jun 04, 2012
- India, Nigeria hope to have direct flights - Aug 16, 2012
- Nigeria suspends airline firm's operations after crash - Jun 06, 2012
- Nigerian embassies open condolence registers - Jun 06, 2012
- India to help boost Nigeria's air defences - May 17, 2012
- Nigeria terror: Government to bring home Indian's body - Jan 23, 2012
- Indian among 160 killed in Nigeria terror attack (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- 25 killed in Nigeria bomb blasts - Jun 27, 2011
- Over 100 die in Nigeria tanker blaze - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: abuja, air flight, colleague, company meeting, computer engineer, crash victim, dana, dna test, dna tests, eldos, family members, kerala, lagos, neighbour, plane crash in nigeria, thiruvananthapuram