Plan panel allocates Rs.27 bn for Himachal PradeshFebruary 28th, 2009 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 28 (IANS) The Planning Commission has allocated Rs.27 billion for Himachal Pradesh for 2009-10, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said Saturday.
“The annual plan for Himachal Pradesh has been fixed at Rs.2,700 crore (Rs.27 billion), which is Rs.300 crore (Rs.3 billion) more than last year,” Dhumal told reporters.
“The commission has provided Rs.500 crore (Rs.5 billion) as special plan assistance to the state,” he added.
The chief minister said the social sector has been given top priority with a share of Rs.8.72 billion.
Dhumal added that the state economy was expected to grow at 7.7 percent this fiscal, higher than the national estimate of 7.1 percent.
- Planning Commission approves Himachal plan for next fiscal - Mar 23, 2012
- Himachal seeks Rs.27,556 crore for 12th Plan - Sep 20, 2011
- Rs.3,300 crore annual plan for Himachal approved - Mar 02, 2011
- Himachal proposes Rs.20,243 crore budget estimates - Mar 20, 2012
- Himachal proposes Rs.3,300 crore plan for 2011-12 - Jan 27, 2011
- Himachal assembly passes 2012-13 budget - Mar 30, 2012
- Himachal seeks Rs.4,000 crore claim from centre - Apr 04, 2012
- Development of tribal areas top priority: Dhumal - Sep 09, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh to spend more on health - Mar 21, 2012
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Himachal's loan liability is Rs.26,651 crore - Aug 29, 2012
- Himachal okays annual plan of Rs.3,000 crore - Jan 27, 2010
- Himachal to recruit 200 doctors - Mar 28, 2012
- Himachal taps 7,923 MW of hydropower - Mar 29, 2012
- World Bank to fund Himachal roads - Jan 23, 2012